eVars – CUSTOM CONVERSION VARIABLES
- the only similarity between eVars & s.props is that its a custom variable
- think of eVars as custom commerce variables
- “Evars” =”eVars” – they’re the same thing just a different naming convention
- “eVar” is how it’s written in the code
- Conversion variables are
Page 1: Home page -> Page 2: Apply Page -> Page N -> Conversion —>
In the example above the person visits the Apply Page & completes the form by hitting submit – the value of – “Apply Page” can be tracked as a success event to figure out revenue generated by certain traffic segments – Email, Direct, Organic, Social
COMMON USES OF EVARS
Some of the common use of eVars include:
- Internal Search Terms.
- A/B Testing.
- Campaign/Promotion tracking.
- Merchandising Categories.